Are you considering Invisalign to straighten your teeth but need to know if your insurance covers it? It’s a common worry. Cross Blue Shield One of the leading health insurance carriers in the US, Blue Shield, offers several plans with different coverage options. Some policies don’t cover Invisalign. Investigating and understanding your Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan is crucial if you’re wondering if it covers Invisalign. This article will tell you Is Invisalign covered by blue insurance cross blue shield
Is Invisalign covered by blue insurance cross blue shield
BCBS’ basic PPO policies rarely cover Invisalign, or they solely cover treatment for under-19s. Invisalign may be partially covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield orthodontic policies. There may be age limits or prior authorization requirements for therapy.
Some insurance policies cover orthodontic therapy for children and adolescents. Insurance coverage for adult Invisalign patients may vary.
Are there any alternative orthodontic treatments that Blue Cross Blue Shield may cover if Invisalign is not covered?
Blue Cross Blue Shield may cover other orthodontic treatments if Invisalign isn’t cover by you insurance. Options include:
ClearCorrect is a clear aligner system like Invisalign. It softly shifts teeth using tailored, transparent trays. ClearCorrect, an Invisalign replacement, may be cover by Blue Cross Blue Shield.
2. Lingual Braces
Unlike standard braces, lingual braces are place on the back of the teeth. They’re nearly unnoticeable. Blue Cross Blue Shield may cover Invisalign alternatives like lingual braces.
3. Ceramic Braces
Ceramic braces are comparable to metal braces; however, the brackets are clear or tooth-colored. This makes them less apparent than regular braces. Ceramic braces, an alternative to Invisalign, may be cover by Blue Cross Blue Shield.
4. Self-Ligating Braces
Self-ligating braces employ a clip instead of elastic bands to secure the wire. Friction is reduced, and speeding treatment. Blue Cross Blue Shield may fund Invisalign alternatives like self-ligating braces.
5. Palate Expanders
Palatal expanders widen the upper jaw to make room for crowded teeth. They’re usually worn with braces or clear aligners. Blue Cross Blue Shield may cover palatal expanders instead of Invisalign.
After orthodontic treatment, retainers keep teeth in their new positions. Removable or fixed. Blue Cross Blue Shield covers retainers instead of Invisalign.
What is the process for obtaining coverage for Invisalign through Blue Cross Blue Shield?
1. Check your plan: Checking your plan is the first step to getting Blue Cross Blue Shield Invisalign coverage. All insurance may not cover orthodontic therapy.
2. Get a reference: Invisalign coverage requires a recommendation from your dentist or orthodontist. They’ll have to prove they require orthodontics.
3. Submit a pre-authorization request: Once you receive a recommendation, you must submit a pre-authorization request to Blue Cross Blue Shield. X-rays and other diagnostic tests are require to prove the need for treatment.
4. Wait for approval: Blue Cross Blue Shield will evaluate your pre-authorization request and determine if Invisalign therapy is medically essential. They’ll cover some of the expenses if approved.
5. Pay your share: Blue Cross Blue Shield will cover a percentage of Invisalign treatment, but you must pay the rest. Deductibles, copays, and coinsurance are examples.
6. Follow up with Blue Cross Blue Shield: It’s vital to follow up with Blue Cross Blue Shield during your Invisalign treatment to confirm coverage and reimbursement.
7. Keep records: Blue Cross Blue Shield pre-authorization inquiries, approvals, and payments must be record. This will help you track your coverage and get reimburse by insurance.