Traveling is an exciting experience, but it can also provide unexpected difficulties. Many things can go wrong on a trip, from flight delay to misplaced bags. That is why you should have to buy First Directory Travel Insurance to protect yourself and your money.
In this article we will discuss everything you need to know about first travel insurance. We will discuss why you need First Directory Travel Insurance, what it covers, and more.
What does First Directory Travel Insurance Cover?
Travel insurance provides coverage for various travel-related risks. With First Directory Travel Insurance, you can have peace of mind knowing that you’re covered for unexpected events, such as medical emergencies and trip cancellations.
First directory travel insurance covers the following travel-related risks:
First Directory Travel Insurance will cover non-refundable expenses and unused prepaid costs associated with the trip. The policyholder is also covered for additional transportation costs in case of an emergency.
Policyholder additional transportation cost is also covered by first direct and allows a person to return home early in an emergency.
If you fall ill or get injured while traveling, First Directory Travel Insurance will help cover the cost of medical treatment and transportation.
Unexpected Travel costs:
First Direct also covers unexpected expenses due to unforeseen events, such as:
- Additional travel and accommodation costs due to travel disruption
- Missed pre-booked transportation
- Delayed transportation
- Lost or stolen return ticket
- Accidental damage to passport or visa
First, Direct insurance would cover you if you were the cause of an accident on a trip that led to death or injury to another person or damage to someone’s property.
Lost or stolen luggage:
If your luggage is stolen during a trip, first directory travel insurance will cover replacing your belongings.
Flight cancellations or delays:
If your flight is canceled or delayed, first directory travel insurance can help cover additional expenses, such as meals or accommodations.
First Direct also covers loss, theft, or accidental damage to winter sports equipment and winter sports holiday disruption. The value of the equipment covered depends on its age, as follows
Age of Winter sports equipment Payment
Less than one year old, 90% of the value
Less than two years old, 70% of the value
Less than three years old, 50% of the value
Less than four years old, 30% of the value
Over four years old, 10% of the value
What doesn’t First Directory Travel Insurance Cover?
Travel insurance from First directory has some policy exclusions given below:
- Trip cancellations and medical emergencies due to existing medical conditions that First Direct has not accepted.
- Wear and tear luggage damage.
- Loss of money and valuables.
- Damage caused by earthquakes and hurricanes.
- Luggage loss due to negligence.
- Costs for running out of medication.
- Costs of purchasing another visa or passport
- Expensive method of treatment of a disease.
- Accidental death or permanent disability due to participating in aerial activities.
- Accidental death or permanent disability caused by sickness and disease.
- Hired winter sports equipment.
- Contact lenses, hearing aids, and dental fittings.
- Glass products.
- Fines to be paid as a punishment.
- Damage to an already insured person’s property.
First Directory Travel Insurance will not cover claims resulting from participating in the following activities:
- Ski mountaineering
- Adventure racing
- Horse riding
- Mountain biking
First Directory Travel Insurance Claim
In case of critical health injury, policyholders get medical assistance immediately by contacting First Directory 24-hour Medical Emergency Assistance,
Directory insurance will be liable for your treatment, which may involve transferring you to another hospital and paying to bring you back home early.
If your injury is not critical, then you can contact the Medical Emergency Assistance number before making any arrangements for:
- Admission to the hospital
- Treatment, tests, or investigations as an outpatient
- Repeat consultations with a doctor
Keep receipts for paid costs for a minor illness or injury treated with medication from a pharmacy.
Before putting a claim, collect these things to support your Insurance Claim:
- Evidence of your ticket booking and then the cancellation
- Evidence of costs you paid before trip cancellation
- Proof that you are not able to recover your pre-paid costs
- All medical reports
- Evidence vehicle accident
- Take pictures of damage and accident
- Confirmation report from the airline for a reason for the delay
- Keep receipts for expenses safe
- Proof of stolen or damaged items, such as a written report from the police.
- Collect evidence from your tour planner.
Contact First Directory Travel Insurance
In case of a medical emergency, call these numbers.
UK Residents: 08000 517 464
Abroad Residents: (0044) 1603 605 128
Contact this number to report travel claims or if you want to return home early.
UK Residents: 08000 517 467
Abroad Residents: (0044) 01603 605 125
Contact for legal expenses of claim or if you require advice for a legal problem that comes under this policy
UK Residents: 01603 208 530
Abroad Residents: (0044) 1603 208 530
Contact us for any questions related to our customer service; ask freely:
UK Residents: 03456 100 100
Get travel assistance with a wide range of travel advice before you go
UK Residents: 0800 051 7496
Abroad Residents: (0044) 1603 605 162
First Directory Travel Insurance Reviews
40% of policyholders recommend you buy first directory insurance, while 60% do not suggest you.
The data is based on only five reviews. Please don’t take it as a last opinion, and investigate it by yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the policy excess of First Directory Insurance?
Policy excess by first Directory Insurance is £50 per person per trip.
What is the maximum trip length with first direct travel Insurance?
Trips should be 31 days at maximum and must start and end in the UK.