Do you own an air rifle? Are you aware of the potential risks and liabilities that come with it? Accidents can happen whether you use it for hunting or as a hobby, and you may be held responsible for any damages or injuries caused. Air rifles are popular among enthusiasts and hunters alike. However, accidents involving air rifles are not uncommon and can result in serious injuries or property damage. As a responsible gun owner, it’s essential to understand the risks involved and take the necessary precautions to protect yourself and others. Rifle insurance is one way to protect yourself and your assets. Air rifle insurance provides liability coverage and covers theft, accidental damage, and other unforeseen events. This article will discuss everything you need to know about rifle insurance and why it’s essential for any rifle owner.
What is Air Rifle Insurance?
Airgun insurance covers injuries and damages caused by rifle use. This type of insurance protects you from any legal claims that may arise if someone is injured or property is damaged while using your rifle.
Why is Air Rifle Insurance Important?
Air rifle accidents are rare, but they can happen. Accidents can occur for various reasons, including user error, equipment malfunction, or even environmental factors. If an accident happens, you may be liable for damages and injuries. Without insurance coverage, you have to face significant financial and legal consequences. Air rifle insurance provides peace of mind and protection in case the worst happens.
What does air rifle insurance cover
1. Air rifle theft or accidental damage.
2. Air rifle liability.
3. Personal injury insurance for rifle users.
4. Legal fees if the air rifle owner is sued.
5. Scope and silencer coverage.
6. Transporting the air rifle, including theft or damage.
How much does air rifle insurance cost?
The cost of air rifle insurance will depend on several factors but is generally quite affordable:
- Type of air rifle – Higher powered PCP (pre-charged pneumatic) air rifles and multi-shot air rifles may cost slightly more to insure.
- Coverage limits – Higher limits for things like legal liability coverage and replacement value of your air rifle will increase premiums.
- Optional coverages – Adding options like coverage for accessories, ammunition and pellet traps can slightly increase costs.
- Insurer – Different insurance providers may charge different rates for airgun insurance. Getting quotes from multiple insurers is recommended.
With these factors in mind, typical annual premium costs for air rifle insurance range from around:
- The cost of rifle insurance depends on the value of your equipment and other cover you require. You can get a quote from Gunplan today. With cover from Gunplan, from just £18.89 per year you are covered for Public Liability for up to £10m should you accidentally cause damage or injure a third party. Another option is SportsCover Direct, which offers Shooting Insurance policy options from £14.99 a year
These are just estimates. Actual premiums will depend on your specific situation and the quotes you receive. But in general, air rifle insurance costs are quite affordable, especially compared to the risks of not having coverage.
Where to Get Air Rifle Insurance
Airgun insurance is simple. This insurance is usually sold by insurance brokers or online. Do your research and locate coverage that meets your demands and budget. Many insurance firms offer rifle insurance. Read the fine print before buying an insurance policy to know what’s covered.
Here are the top five UK rifle insurance firms to help you choose.
Country Cover Club provides countryside sports insurance, including air rifles. They encompass air rifles, equipment, and public liability. They offer competitive prices and air rifle enthusiast-specific policies.
Gunplan, another gun insurance company, covers air rifles. They have insurance to fit your needs and budget, from rifle coverage to full shooting equipment coverage. Public liability insurance is also available.
The British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC) insures its members. Their policies cover air rifles, shooting gear, and public liability. Training, assistance, and other benefits are available to BASC members.
NFU Mutual provides general insurance for air guns and other hobbies. They encompass air rifles, equipment, and public liability. They provide competitive pricing and hobbyist-friendly policies.
Sportsman Gun Centre
Sportsman Gun Centre sells shooting gear and insurance. Their coverage covers air guns, equipment, and public liability. Sportsman Gun Centre customers receive further incentives, including equipment and accessory savings.